Thursday, September 28, 2006

I've been using this library since the tender age of 5. In that time (as I am now much, much, much older (although I won't say how much)), the library has gone through many changes. I am across the following pictures in a box in the library's attic. What a delight to see how it once was. As we look toward the future of the library and the changes we need to make to improve overall library services, I'm reminded again how dear this library is to me. In grammar school, I came here after school to read and do homework and such. As a child, I thought this building to be the grandest one in town, and I did daydream once or twice about living in the library. (The picture on the upper left was to be my bedroom as the view was quite lovely.) I think that it's true what some folks say about how buildings can evoke feelings. This building - this lovely, dear library - always makes me feel that things are good and right. I do so love this library.

3 Comments:

At 12:05 PM, Blogger Rachel said...

wow, those pictures are crazy. The first one confuses me though, I can't tell where it is! It looks like it was taken from inside the browse room right? There was an archway where the side entrance and main office are now?

 
At 1:12 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

they did indeed tear that arch downdowndown. crazy, huh?

 
At 5:28 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

rental old orchard beach maine

 

Post a Comment

<< Home